- Our District
- 2014-2015 School District Calendar
- Appeal Process
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Fair Play Codes
- Forms and Payments Portal
- Inclement Weather procedures
- Kindergarten Registration
- Online Resources
- Physical Activity
- Reporting and Assessment
- School Locator
- Student Transportation
- Student Registration
- Tzu Chi Bursaries
- Aboriginal Education
- Alternate Education
- Continuing Education
- District Partnership Programs
- Early Learning Curriculum
- Environmental School
- International Baccalaureate program
- Inquiry Program
- Educational Options
- French Immersion
- Literacy iPod Program
- Odyssey Program (K-7)
- Online Learning SD42
- Ready Set Learn Events
- Secondary School Apprenticeships
- StrongStart Centres
- Student Support Services
- SWIS (Settlement Workers in Schools)
- Board of Education
- Contact Us
- IT Helpdesk
Thank you for your interest in School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows). The school district meets the needs of approximately 15, 000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12. The District is committed to educational choice and an inclusive, local approach to special education and has developed numerous skilled trades training partnerships with colleges and universities.
To teach in Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows applicants must possess the necessary qualifications. Teachers who are on the on-call list have priority for hiring purposes to teaching positions which are posted. Most often, teachers begin in Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows as a Teacher-On-Call before posting into a temporary position.
When a teaching vacancy becomes available, it is posted as an internal job posting and applications are accepted internally from teachers currently on staff. If an internal candidate cannot be found, teaching vacancies are then posted on our website and is open to outside applicants. Please note that candidates have the option of applying to our teaching vacancies by mail or drop-off your documents to :
Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows Board of Education
Human Resources Department
22225 Brown Avenue Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 8N6
The Maple Ridge School District is only accepting applications TTOC applications for specialized areas listed below are accepted throughout the year.
- French Immersion - Elementary and Secondary
- French - Secondary
- Spanish - Secondary
- Montessori - Elementary
- Technology Education - Secondary
- Foods & Nutrition - Secondary
To be considered for the TTOC list, potential candidates must complete an Employee On-Call Application Form which you can download at the top of this page. Please ensure the following documents are included with your Employee On-Call Application Form in your application package :
- Our District Teacher on Call application form.(found at the bottom of this page)
- Short covering letter which should include your teaching area (elementary or secondary, and subject or specialty areas you are qualified to teach).
- Resume with a maximum of three pages. List at least two professional references who should be people who have supervised or evaluated your teaching. For experienced teachers, your most recent supervising principal should be one of the references.
- If you are an experienced teacher, photocopies of your teacher performance appraisals (principal's reports), particularly the most recent, and an outline of your growth plans if used.
- If you are a beginning teacher, photocopies of your Faculty Associate and School Associate Teaching Reports from the Extended (Final) Practicum.
- Photocopies of your academic university transcripts(s), most recent available.
- Letters of reference.
- Photocopy of your valid B.C. Teaching Certificate (or "BC Teacher Regulation Branch Letter of Eligibility").
- Photocopy of your Teacher Qualification Service (T.Q.S.) card.
Questions about the TOC application process can be directed to Roxane Carwell in Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted by the Human Resources Office. The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District receives many applications and unfortunately we are unable to answer specific questions regarding individual applications. Please be assured that each application is carefully reviewed in light of our current and projected needs.