- Student Achievement
- Appeal Process
- 2014-2015 Bus Transportation
- 2014-2015 School District Calendar
- Connections Magazine
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Fair Play Codes
- Forms and Payments Portal
- Healthy Living
- Inclement Weather procedures
- Kindergarten Registration, 2014-2015
- On-line Resources
- Ready Set Learn Events
- School Locator
- SD42 Reporting
- Student Registration
- Tzu Chi bursaries
- Inclement Weather Procedures (staff)
- Application Process
- Helix Media Library
- SD42 Reporting
- Information Technology
- IT Plan to Support Learning for Tomorrow
- Employee Health and Safety
- On-line resources
- The Learning Centre
- Teacher Mentorship Program
- Teacher Job Shares
- Staff Pro-D Site (Opportunities)
- Learning Opportunities (Out of District)
- Community Promotions
- Community Literacy Committee (CLC)
- District Publications
- Facilities Rentals
- Fraser Valley Student Conference 2013
- StrongStart Centres
- Anti-Vandalism Task Force
- Environmental School
- Community Gardens
- Community Services Contacts
- Graduation Requirements Forum 2012
- Learning for Tomorrow
- Aboriginal Education
- Alternate Education
- Continuing Education
- District Partnership Programs
- Early Learning Curriculum
- International Baccalaureate program
- Inquiry Program
- Educational Options
- French Immersion
- Literacy iPod Program
- Odyssey Program (K-7)
- Online Learning SD42
- Secondary School Apprenticeships
- Student Support Services
- SWIS (Settlement Workers in Schools)
- Board of Education
- Contact Us
- IT Helpdesk
Apprenticeship training programs for Grade11 &12 students
School District No. 42 and various post secondary institutions and trades training organizations have joined together to offer apprenticeship training programs to grade 11 &12 students and adult learners. Students going into grade 12 now have the option to graduate PLUS get first year post-secondary certification and apprenticeship training in one year and with no tuition fees!
Anyone interested in these programs please call Steve Wiebe at 604.318.9792 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or see your counselor, work experience coordinator or the career planning assistant at your school.
A student’s application must include the following:
• Most recent school transcript of grades (in term transcript acceptable for secondary students applying)*
• Post secondary application form (if applicable)
• Cover letter indicating motivation and interest in program
• School District No. 42 application form
• Cheque payable to School District 42 in the amount of $75.00 (non-refundable)
• Photocopy of Birth Certificate if you are new to the school district
If you are age 19 or over you will require a Criminal Record Check which must be attached to your application if you are applying to one of the BCIT programs . You get this done at the Ridge Meadows Police Station at a cost of $55. It may take a few days to have your check completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can any student apply?
Students must be enrolled in a course of study that will lead to Grade 12 graduation upon completion of high school.
Can adults and graduated students apply?
Adults and graduated student may also apply to any of the programs the district offers, subject to available space.
Can I register in a program that is not located at my home school?
A student can register in an academy or partnership program at a school other than their home school. They can “cross enroll” (be enrolled at both schools) and graduate from their home school.
Does the district offer a bus service for cross enrolled students?
This service is no longer offered. Students are responsible for finding their own way (via public transit or private vehicle) to and from their home school to their partnership school.
Can I get help completing my application package?
Ask the work experience coordinator, career planning assistant, or your school counselor for assistance in completing your application package.
|TRADESFLYER 2013.pdf||1.09 MB||348||7 hours 40 min ago|
|Plumbing - brochure KPU 2013.pdf||98.78 KB||315||1 day 7 hours ago|
|2013 Application Partnerships.pdf||184.04 KB||424||3 days 16 hours ago|
|Information Night 2012||568.59 KB||368||3 days 5 hours ago|
|Apprenticeship & Trades Partnerships .pdf||488.96 KB||692||1 day 3 hours ago|
|Application Form - BCIT||260.8 KB||1865||4 hours 55 min ago|
|Application Form - VCC||229.37 KB||919||6 hours 42 min ago|
|Automotive Technician Foundation||358.06 KB||896||1 hour 36 min ago|
|Auto Service Technician||530.79 KB||985||20 hours 40 min ago|
|Carpentry Level I||313.76 KB||1162||12 hours 51 min ago|
|Culinary Arts||253.25 KB||1249||7 hours 35 min ago|
|Construction Carpentry||356.79 KB||795||3 days 1 hour ago|
|Cosmetology & Hairdesign||331.57 KB||1861||1 day 5 hours ago|
|Electrician Level I||314.05 KB||1216||5 hours 21 min ago|
|Integrated Trades Program||418.05 KB||1192||2 days 19 hours ago|
|Metal Fabricator||589.22 KB||598||23 hours 9 min ago|
|Passport to Trades||419.82 KB||856||2 days 22 hours ago|
|Kwantlen application 2012.pdf||734.23 KB||385||3 hours 53 min ago|