- Student Achievement
- 2014-2015 Bus Transportation
- 2013-2014 School District Calendar
- Connections Magazine
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Early Learning Curriculum
- ECD workshop
- Fair Play Codes
- Forms and Payments Portal
- Foundation Skills Assessment (FSA)
- Healthy Living
- Hours - Elementary
- Hours - Secondary
- Inclement Weather procedures
- Kindergarten Registration, 2014-2015
- On-line Resources
- Ready Set Learn Events
- Resolving Conflicts
- School Locator
- SD42 Reporting
- Student Registration
- Student Support Services
- SWIS (Settlement Workers in Schools)
- Tzu Chi bursaries
- 2012-2013 Inclement Weather Procedures (staff)
- Application Process
- Helix Media Library
- SD42 Reporting
- Information Technology
- IT Plan to Support Learning for Tomorrow
- Employee Health and Safety
- On-line resources
- The Learning Centre
- Teacher Mentorship Program
- Teacher Job Shares
- Staff Pro-D Site (Opportunities)
- Learning Opportunities (Out of District)
- Community Promotions
- How to donate
- Community Literacy Committee (CLC)
- District Publications
- Facilities Rentals
- Fraser Valley Student Conference 2013
- StrongStart Centres
- Anti-Vandalism Task Force
- Environmental School
- Community Gardens
- Community Services Contacts
- Graduation Requirements Forum 2012
- Learning for Tomorrow
- SD42 Strategic Review
- Aboriginal Education
- Alternate Education
- Continuing Education
- District Partnership Programs
- Information Technology projects
- International Baccalaureate program
- Inquiry Program
- Educational Options
- Environmental School Project
- French Immersion
- Literacy iPod Program
- Odyssey Program (K-7)
- Online Learning SD42
- Secondary School Apprenticeships
- Student Support Services
- Summer Learning 2014
- Board of Education
- Contact Us
- IT Helpdesk
Note to school district staff: the primary source for all Health and Safety related information is the District intranet (https://inside.sd42.ca), which can be reached via the link at the top of this page.
Employee and Family Assistance Program
Human Solutions specializes in providing employee assistance and work-health solutions.
Your EFAP provides confidential, professional counseling for a broad range of personal and family problems, including managing anxiety and depression, controlling substance use, resolving family conflict and more.
For further information call 1-800-663-1142 or go to the website - www.humansolutions.ca
Health and wellness newsletter and information
Promoting health, safety and wellness
The Employee Health, Safety and Wellness Department mission is to develop and communicate a comprehensive health, safety and wellness program, to meet the needs of employees and identify, evaluate and control occupational and non-occupational risk factors. The department also manages employee incident and injury claims with support through accommodations and return to work programs.
Liaising with administration, worksite health and safety committees, labour groups, the Workers' Compensation Board, and other agencies, Employee Health, Safety and Wellness develops education and training and compliance strategies with the Workers' Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and related standards.
The occupational health and safety program is designed to provide workers with a safe workplace and to comply with requirements of the Workers’ Compensation Act and WorksafeBC (Workers Compensation Board) Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation.
The School District is committed to providing workers with a safe and healthy workplace by:
- Promoting a positive attitude towards health and safety in the workplace.
- Providing sufficient resources to implement the occupational health and safety program.
- Complying with WorksafeBC legislation, regulations, standards and established safe work procedures.
- Complying with collective agreement language as it relates to Health & Safety.
Promoting and supporting, Worksite Joint Health & Safety committees and the District Health & Safety Committee.
- Download Safety Program
- Health and Safety Inspection checklist - Elementary
- Health and Safety Inspection checklist - Secondary
Accident/Incident Reporting Procedures
Employees must report all injuries and accidents, no matter how insignificant they may seem. Significant near miss incidents must also be reported. Employees must also report any situation where the worker experiences any threatening statements or behavior which gives a worker reasonable cause to believe that they are at risk of injury.
All injuries must be reported to the Principal/Supervisor and if necessary the first aid attendant. The employee and Principal/Supervisor will complete the necessary forms and fax them to the District Health, Safety and Wellness Manager within 72 hours of any accident/incident.
Employee completes the WorksafeBC Form 6A. Call WorksafeBC to report your injury. 1-888-967-5377.
Principal/Supervisor completes WorksafeBC Incident Investigation Report with injured worker and worker rep. from Joint Health & Safety committee and faxes form 6A and incident/investigation reports to the school district Health, Safety and Wellness Officer (Judy Dueck). Fax: 604.466.6229
Use this form to report incidents involving violence or the threat of violence. If there are any injuries arising out of the incident, also complete the 'Employee Incident/Injury Report' form
Health, Safety and Wellness Officer
For further information about Employee Health, Safety and Wellness, contact:
Manager Health, Safety & Wellness
School District No. 42 Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows
Direct Line: 604-466-6229
Cell Phone: 604-626-9920
|2014 Life Lines Calendar.pdf||396.45 KB||62||4 days 13 hours ago|
|Vitality! Spring 2013.pdf||432.28 KB||454||1 hour 54 min ago|
|Nutrition Resource Kit 2013.pdf||1.78 MB||127||6 hours 18 min ago|
|Life Lines March 2013.pdf||1.01 MB||140||4 days 13 hours ago|
|Life Lines March 2013 (FRENCH).pdf||1.02 MB||167||4 days 13 hours ago|
|ThreatViolenceIncidentForm-Rev072012.pdf||136.11 KB||270||3 days 7 hours ago|
|Life Lines January 2013.pdf||1.13 MB||273||4 days 13 hours ago|
|Life Lines January 2013 (FRENCH).pdf||1.16 MB||125||1 day 17 hours ago|
|Vitality! Winter 2013.pdf||502.97 KB||171||1 day 12 hours ago|
|Vitality! Winter 2013 (FRENCH).pdf||486.3 KB||149||4 days 13 hours ago|